King's Road Rocks!

King's Road Rocks!

Sunday 6 March 2011

Rose Martini at Jak’s

The other day, I met up with the lovely POPNQ for a cocktail or two at Jak’s bar on Walton Street. The funny thing about meeting here was that I had spent so many Brompton Cross drinking hours in the permanently crammed Eclipse bar a few doors down, I had never bothered venturing a few metres away to explore Jak’s or even Vendôme for a bit of space. I knew what I liked and like the creature of habit that I am, I was happy staying put whilst being pushed around every time someone needed to get to the bar.
So the other night was a double win. Jak’s bar had space and it had a cocktail menu for me to explore for the first time.
My first drink was the Rose Martini and I really wish I had remembered to take down the specific ingredients because it was delicious. In fact, it was quite a surprise.
The Rose Martini had a subtle hint of rose as the drink touched the lips. It was enough to know that I had got what I had wanted. But as the martini hit my palate, there was also a citrus flavour that kept me wondering. With the cocktail menu on the wall, I kept promising myself to find out what the citrus flavour was. But by the time I had my second drink (a very good Dirty Martini) I had forgotten to check the board on my way out.
So without being able to deliver on the ingredients and with great apologies, all I can say is that the Rose Martini was a delicious experience. It was refreshing and flavoursome without being overpowering or too sweet. It was a delicate drink but it was also satisfying.
I am definitely going back to Jak’s and I am looking forward to discovering the rest of the menu. The Passion Fruit Martini looks very promising judging from the sip I had that night. And ultimately, I am looking forward to not being shoved about on Brompton Cross.   

No comments:

Post a Comment